Experience the impact of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education (STEM)! The STEMworks™ program provides K-12 educators with a customizable, multi-pronged plan that supports student learning and professional development. Now you can benefit from this proven, progressive method of teaching.
For an assessment and price quote, please contact us.
This value-added, one-year STEMworks™ School subscription supports up to 10 (ten) teachers. Benefits include:
STEMworks™ STEM Service-Learning 2-Day Training
- Teachers learn how to be a facilitator to encourage student self-directed learning utilizing the engineering design process.
- Intensive workshop focuses on developing students' critical thinking, collaboration and responsibility to a team through application of the engineering design process to solve problems.
- Teachers receive a written STEMworks™ STEM Service-Learning Curriculum including: Tech Tools Guide, Community Resource Guide, College Toolkit, Engineering Design Process Student Toolkit, as well as digital access for lessons and worksheets.
- Teachers receive ongoing support including two (2) Online Webinars for sharing experiences of EDP Implementation (mandatory for PD credit). Workshop will include pre- and post-assessment evaluation results for all teachers. Note: PD credit is available for this training but requires a three (3) month notice including a signed MOA to initiate credit for any contracted STEMwork™ training.
Variety of Software/Technology Training
Teachers and classroom students will have access to attend software and technology tools training provided throughout the school year and summer. Led by STEMworks™ staff and/or industry/educational professionals, training is offered on software technologies such as AutoCAD, GIS, GPS, Adobe Creative Suite, Coding, Drone, and more.
One (1) STEMworks™ THINKit Intro Kit
Kit can be customized to support one of the following themes:
- PROTOTYPING – Tools encouraging design, model and testing of innovations.
- CODING – Tools encouraging the reading and writing of programming languages.
- VIRTUAL REALITY – Tools to explore and interact with the world.
- DIGITAL MEDIA – Tools to visually design messages.
- CIRCUITS & HARDWARE – Tools to explore electronic connections and inventions.
- GIS & DRONE – Tools to explore geospatial technology and drones.
- Teachers will receive priority notice of Industry Connections Career Events held to connect students with local industry professionals and expose them to the many STEM career opportunities in their communities.
- STEMworks™ also connects schools to Industry Mentors for student projects.
Teachers and classroom students will have access to Lynda.com training videos, STEM Jobs magazine/poster subscriptions, including local Hawaii STEMworks™ edition, limited Adobe Creative Suite seats, access to GIS and SketchUp Pro software.
Hawaii STEM Conference
- STEMworks™ teachers and students will receive a discounted rate to attend the 2-Day Annual Hawaii STEM Conference held in Honolulu, Oahu near the end of the school year.
- Students my compete in pre-conference and on-site STEM competitions, engage in a fun networking session with industry professionals during 5x5, showcase their service-learning projects during STEMwork™ Spotlight, and engage in hands-on sessions with industry and educational professionals showcasing the latest in STEM and professional development.
- Qualified STEMworks™ high school students may apply to participate in local six-week internships with local companies and organizations to help with a special project or need while learning more about a STEM career and professional experience.
- Interns additionally participate in weekly webinars led by STEMworks™ staff and industry professionals to develop students’ communication, resume-building, presentation and career awareness skills.
STEMworks™ Lending Library
Teachers will receive discounted access to statewide STEMworks™ Lending Library including iPods, Virtual Reality Kits, Ozobots, Spheros, Hue Animation Kits, Microscopes, Optical Kits, STEMworks™ Energy Kits (formerly Island Energy Inquiry™), and more.