Empowering STEM education
Unlike any other class in Hawai‘i’s middle and high school curriculum, STEMworks™ is a multi-faceted, hands-on program where students get to use the most current, high-end technologies in actual community service learning projects. In this dynamic learning environment, STEMworks™ teachers become facilitators.
Our STEMworks™ two-day, intensive teacher workshop focuses on developing students' critical thinking, collaboration and responsibility to a team through application of the engineering design process to solve problems. Teachers receive our STEMworks™ STEM Service-Learning Curriculum that includes the Tech Tools Guide, Community Resource Guide, College Toolkit, Engineering Design Process Student Toolkit, Oration Toolkit, Team Roles Toolkit, and Community Needs Cards.
Teachers are also given access to the following resources:
- Digital access for lessons and worksheets
- Lynda.com training videos
- STEM Jobs magazine/poster subscriptions
- STEM software/technology
- STEMworks™ Lending Library
- STEMworks™ THINKit™ curriculum and tools
- Priority access to Industry Connections and software/technology training events
- Priority access for students to Internships (high school/college only)
- Priority discounted registration to the annual Hawai‘i STEM Conference
This impactful process teaches participants to:
- Acquire and analyze information
- Tackle locally-based issues and provide solutions
- Apply the latest computer design and geospatial technologies
For more information on STEMworks™ PD, contact: Melinda White, firstname.lastname@example.org, 808.875.2332.