Drones: Design it. Build it. Fly it.
The STEMworks™ CAD/Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Drone Design Curriculum module encourages students to utilize various CAD (computer aided design) software to design, 3D print, and prototype drone frames. After the frame pieces are printed, students are able to position and wire the different components to the frame and program it to fly. Students learn the physics and aerodynamics of a drone to allow it to fly along with the potential of using additional pieces such as videography, surveying, and drone racing. With this understanding, students are exposed to the rising careers that drones/UAVs are used in.
- Drone Pre + post assessment
- Lesson 1: Engineering design process
- Lesson 2: Paper airplane design
- Lesson 3: Introduction to drones: Anatomy of a Drone
- Lesson 4: Drone Design: Brainstorming new ideas
- Lesson 5: Digital Design: 3D CAD & 3D printing
- Lesson 6: Electrical connections: Wiring your drone
- Lesson 7: Building your drone: Assembly process
- Lesson 8: Flying your drone: Direction of flight
- Lesson 9: Center of gravity/mass: Balancing propellers
For more information on STEMworks™
Drone Design & Build Curriculum, please contact us.